Marketing & Sales Intern Description
-Seeking one intern-
Intern preference will be given to students studying Music, Business, Arts Management and/or Marketing, or Foreign Language.
Multi-tasking and balanced discipline of working independently and in a team is critical.
Remote internship available. Students who do not live in Chicago, though demonstrate exceptional independence and discipline will be considered.
Flexible days and schedule. Strongest candidates may be invited to attend regional booking conference that takes place in September.
Intern will be requested to work minimum 5 hours a week with opportunity to work up to 15.
June-August intern will be asked to work minimum 10 hours a week with opportunity to work up to 25 hours per week.
About Goodman Artists
Based in Chicago, Goodman Artists is a boutique booking agency focused on emerging musicians performing classical, jazz, world, and/or eclectic music.
The description offers the intern an opportunity to learn about marketing and promotion by assisting in the assignments listed below. After a few weeks of familiarizing his/herself with this ‘department’ there is also the possibility (depending on intern schedule) to learn about sales and representation. The goal of this internship is to offer the student hands-on experience, skill development, and market exposure needed to pursue a career as a successful artist, agent, and/or presenter.
To apply: Send one letter of interest and résumé to: email@example.com
· Assist with context on artist’s biographies, program descriptions, educational outreach, etc.
· Create new marketing campaign brochure, signage, and showcase materials.
· Assist in managing website updates as needed.
· Create company Facebook page and provide minimum weekly innovative and engaging digital content.
· Create minimum monthly e-blasts promoting roster and/or project-specific tour using Constant Contact.
· Assist in the production of marketing materials such as postcards, programs, and advertisements.
· Assist artists in their branding.
· Working with venues on marketing opportunities and materials.
· Website updates as needed (SquareSpace).
· Database research and organizing; expanding current market database.
· Manage master calendar.
· Pitch calls to Midwest buyers which include educational institutions, performing art centers, clubs, etc.
· Follow-up with venues where artists have recently performed.
· Researching potential artists that may be a fit for agency.